Google+

Friday, May 4, 2012

The Design Team Uses our May Kit

"Besties" by Beverly Sams
Having a best friend is one of the greatest joys in the world! This photo of my niece and her best friend was such a great one for the 7Dots Wonderland paper. I embossed the Want2Scrap chipboard letters included in the main kit and painted them with the Blueberry Cobbler Shimmerz, also included and dabbed on some gesso. The lace trim got a Shimmerz treatment as did the Dusty Attic chipboard.

From the 7Dots Embellishment Add-on:
7Dots Studio Elements 12 x 12 Wonderland
7Dots Studio Stickers 12 x 12 Wonderland
7Dots Studio Stickers 6 x 12 Wonderland

Flower Add-On:
The Manor House: Kyeesha Orange Flower
Prima: Lucerne: Nature Garden

Embellishment Add-On:
Prima: Nature's Garden: Journaling Notecards
Prima: Mask: Swirls
Dusty Attic: Chipboard: Wrought Iron Trim Set
Teresa Collins: Fabrications Canvas Trinkets

From my stash:
Sewing thread
Gesso
Tim Holtz: Distress Ink: Black Soot
Sizzix Embossing Folder: Damask

******************************

"Joy" by Erin Blegen
 I've created another layout for my little girl, Aspen. She truly is such a joy- always smiling and laughing- I just couldn't help but get these series of photos down on a page.
I tried to stick to a black & pink color scheme, with variations of the two colors. I hand-cut all of the hearts using the elementary school method of folding my paper in half and cutting out a half-heart- remember doing that for Valentine's Day? Lol...I then rumpled them and inked them a bit. The little banners at the top of my page were cut from one of the journaling spots included in the 7 Dots Studio add-on, using the Prima stick pins to embellish them. Finally, I used the Prima mask to create my flourishes in the two corners of my layout, using some gesso with a touch of pink spray mist.

From the 7 Dots Embellishment Add-On:
7 Dots Studio Elements 12x12 Wonderland

From the Flower Add-On:
Prima: Namazzi: Charcoal
Prima: Miss Godivas: Blush
Prima: Kennedy: Antique
Prima: Lucerne: Nature Garden

From the Embellishment Add-On:
Prima: Petal Pins: Iced
Prima: Mask: Swirls
Dusty Attic Chipboard: Wrought Iron Trim set
Want2Scrap: Pearl Swirls White

From My Stash:
Martha Stewart Butterfly Punch
Prima Fluid Chalk Edger Pad: Old Rose
Prima Fluid Chalk Edger Pad: Old Road
Maya Road Charcoal Mist
Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist: Pink Taffy
gesso

******************************

"Some Days" by Nadia Cannizzo
This is a picture of my 2 girls and I and about the hard days as a mum of 2 little girls. 
It is not always easy!
-I used the lace trim that came in the kit, together with torn pieces of paper to overlap them and create an interesting background with gesso. This adds texture and depth.
-The Want2Scrap chipboard alphabet that came in the main kit, was left bare and inked with brown ink as it gives I quite liked the colour and it matched the papers
-The flowers were also inked to create a uniform look.
-I dabbed gesso on the Want2Scrap birdcage to blend it in with the other colours. 


All material is from the May kit.

We hope you'll check back tomorrow when our May "Bits and Pieces" goes live!

No comments:

Post a Comment