Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Our May Sketch

Happy May Day everyone!  To start off the month, we have brand new sketch for you.   This sketch was created by our design team member Nadia Cannizzo.

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos 
 
You do not need to be a member of C'est Magnifique to participate in our sketch challenge.  It is open to anyone!  You are welcome to use any supplies you have, but if you are the winner and it is obvious that you used any one of our kits - the prize will be DOUBLED!!!  

The winner of the challenge, selected by a random draw, will win a $10 gift certificate (or $20, as mentioned above if you use a kit) from C'est Magnifique which you can use to shop in our store

As an added bonus, from the entries for this challenge, we will select a few layouts to "feature".  One of the featured layouts will receive this beautiful La Blanche Victorian Swirl stamp from C'est Magnifique.



 Here are some layouts that our design team created using the sketch and the May Kit and Add-ons:


"SHE" by Nadia Cannizzo
 This is a layout about my eldest daughter and her oldest cousin. She is so lucky to have her, because she is a really good girl and looks after her really well. Maria, responds to her so nicely and they just get along and give me a bit of a break especially we we go out ! LOL!

* I inked the chipboard cage with the Prima mask and white ink to give it more detail.
* The flowers were inked with the Smimmerz ink from the main kit to blend them in together.
* I doubled up the banner from the 7Dots Stickers in the add on, with a banner paper punch from my stash.


"THUMBS UP" by Leslie Kammerdiener
This is Kevin when we went to Los Angelos a while ago. The one thing you can always count on with Kevin is the 'thumb's up' sign - he's been doing it since he was a teenager and I'm so glad that he continues using this action; no matter how hard his life is.


"SING" by Valerie Serfozo
I wanted to try out a new lens recently and focused on this little bird that looks like he's singing. I decided to base the colors on the layout based on the little bit of orange in his feathers. The white Teresa Collins flower was a little larger than I wanted, so I used Beverly's tip to remove a few layers. I zapped it with my heat gun, which made it easy to remove some of the bottom layers. I also made the Manor House orange flower smaller by removing the bottom two layers. I painted the birdhouse using some gold paint.

"SUZANNE" by Fi Kenward
I used a photo of my mum, not sure how old she was and tried to pull the yellow colour from the papers by using the Theresa Collins packing. I sanded off the printed contents and thought it worked it beautifully with the page. I also spritzed the applique with glimmer mist to blend. The bird cage was an awesome accent to work with but I didn't want to lose it by cover my photo with it so I opted to use it this way instead.

"ONE" by Erin Blegen
 I created this layout for my adorable little nephew, River. He just recently celebrated his first birthday- and I just cannot resist a sweet cake face!  SO- I started out by layering some papers to create a distressed, textured background. Now, I definitely like to get the most out of my paper, so when I layer one paper on top of the other, I cut out the backs and use them either to create another smaller layer on top or as scrap bits elsewhere on the page. That is what I did here- even though it appears as if I've used several sheets of paper. To alter the chipboard birdcage and letters, I first painted them with gesso, then used my finger to add some of the Shimmerz paint included in the kit, followed by touching it up by brushing on some pink & sandy-colored ink. I also used the Shimmerz paint & some gesso to alter the large Teresa Collins flower, and even more gesso to dress up the additional flowers, chipboard pieces, and gems. In the end, I created a piece that has just as much "frosting" as the handsome little fellow in the photo.
 Now it's your turn.  Please use the tool below to submit your layout.  We look forward to seeing what you create.  Remember, you have the entire month of May to work on this.

5 comments:

  1. Well, if Nadia is going to keep producing these awesome sketches, and the DT is going to dazzle me with their interpretations of such sketches, then I'm just going to have to keep coming back here every month to participate too. The DT here are amazingly talented and I so enjoy their productions.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What incredible pieces by the Design Team. Love them all. The Sketch is fantastic and I can't wait to do a layout with it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful creations!! I have mine done I will uploaded tomorrow!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much for a gorgeous sketch and all the beautiful inspiration - amazing talent here!!

    ReplyDelete