Saturday, September 1, 2012

September Sketch Challenge

Welcome to September, everyone!  We're going to start the month with a new sketch challenge for you.  This month we are once again using a sketch created by Nadia Cannizzo

Now it's your turn to use this sketch as inspiration to create a layout for our challenge. 
This challenge is open to everyone.  You do not need to be a member of C'est Magnifique Kits to participate in the sketch challenge and you may use any supplies you wish.  
But, since we are a kit club, there is an added incentive to use one of our kits to create your sketch layout (which I will explain below).

We will be offering 2 prizes this month.  One winner from all entries (selected randomly) will 
receive a large prize package.   The winner will also be able to purchase anything 
from our Store and have it shipped free with their prize package - anywhere in the world!   
Here's a look at what Leslie has put together for this month's prize.
Because we are a kit club, our second prize is $10 gift certificate to the C'est Magnifique Store that will be randomly awarded to someone who obviously uses one of our kits to create their layout.  This is our way of saying "thank you" to our members.
We will also be "featuring" 5 layouts from the submissions for this sketch.

What do you have to do to enter our sketch challenge?

1.  You must become a follower of our blog.  If you're already a follower, we thank you!
It's easy to become follower -see the left sidebar.

2.  Complete a layout using the sketch, and add it to our blog using the Inlinkz tool below.  Please use the link to your blog post where you have uploaded your layout (not your general blog address).

 Deadline for entering the sketch challenge is midnight, September 30 (US time).

*********************************
Here are some layouts from our Design Team using our September Kit, "Fly Away"
 and this month's sketch:

"The Perfect View" by Nadia Cannizzo

Just look at my little girl! A perfect view..lost in her own little world..the perfect picture of innocence! I turned around with the camera in my hands and that's just what I thought when I saw her like that and that is why this is the title of my layout.   Now here is one more colour combination from this amazing collection. Orange! A pretty and feminine light orange, 
teamed with grey and cream is just so so lovely together. 


"Granny - One Hip Bird" by our September guest designer Helen Tilbury

 For the sketch challenge I used this lovely recent photo of my Mother-in-Law together
with my youngest daughter, Cami.  "Granny" is very trendy and even has purple streaks
 in her hair - aged 72!  She is very "artsy" & loves to dress real trendy so I made a page that reflected her wonderfully bohemian personality.

As well as misting, masking & dripping the delicious "Lindy's Stamp Gang" mists all over the place I also had fun creating my own little mannequin.  I used the Prima packaging as my base, applied one of the Kaisercraft mannequin rub-ons then "dressed it up" using some of the lace (misted bright pink - Granny's favourite color!), made a belt from the resin roses that came with the Prima flourish & a choker necklace made from bling from the flourish too!
We're off to visit Granny soon so I'm framing this layout for her & I know she'll love it!!

"Be Happy" by Valerie Serfozo

I wanted to tone down the background damask paper so I used a credit card to apply some gesso,  then sprayed it with the mist in the add-on.  Right after spraying it I rolled paper towels across the paper so it would blend into the background instead of looking like mist.
This is a photo of my mother that I've been wanting to scrap for a while.
The colors in her shirt were perfect with this kit.

Check back tomorrow when I'll show you one more layout for our sketch challenge.  Design team member Joyce Lawrence created an awesome tutorial to go with her layout!

9 comments:

  1. Such a beautiful sketch & love the varied takes on it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous sketch and your DT is amazing. Their layouts are awesome, thanks so much for sharing their amazing talent.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely beautiful!! The talent is so inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Olá!
    Eu adoro este blog!
    Muito obrigada pela oportunidade!

    Abraços,
    Fabiana Strehlow
    http://fabi-expressoes.blogspot.com.br/2012/09/lo-emotions.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVELY sketch, and fantasticly beautiful inspiration layouts from the design team! WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I joined! ciao dall'Italia :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome Sketch. Wonderful work from the DT.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I found your challenge at the Scrap Challenge website - hope you like my version!

    http://marklandandmain.blogspot.com/2012/09/warren-dunes.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've just found your blog, great sketches. Deb x

    ReplyDelete