Google+

Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Guest Designer Terhi Koskinen - Part One with July Kits


Hello, I'm Terhi Koskinen from Finland and am honored to be here with you as a Guest Designer for July. I have two projects to show you today, both include a process video, but let me tell you something about me first.

Scrapbooking is more than a hobby for me, it's a lifestyle - it starts with a photography session and ends when I get my creation where I want it. And then it starts again. My style is modern, fresh and simple, and my creations always have lots of layers with different medias, matching colors, straight lines and touch of something shiny. Also lots of textures and something soft too, like my favorite thing thread.

I get my inspiration from pictures I take during the day, in another words from my everyday life: I'm mother to two beautiful daughters, wife to my handsome husband and studious planning assistant in my daytime job. In addition to crafting, I horse-ride, so that's one more topic for my creations.




I got to play with July Mixed Media Kit, Paper Add-on and Flower Add-on. The July Paper Add-on was filled with blue and red, and even though I usually try to avoid bright red it really got me inspired this time! I used a lot of red flowers, and I hope you watch the process video below - there's a really fun background technique to add texture on to any of your projects! All products other than mediums and white cardstock are from C'est Magnifique July Kits.




My second project was to alter the Tim Holtz box we had in the July Mixed Media Kit. It was so much fun and it took me a lot of time to paint it the way I wanted - then again, it's all about creating, right? All products other than mediums and gold paint are from C'est Magnifique July Mixed Media Kit and Flower Add-on.





I hope you liked the projects I've done - but wait! More inspiration is about to come. This post was based on the color red, but the next one is all about blue. So stay tuned for more.

Thank you Deonna for having me guesting here - loved your July Kits!

Terhi xx

5 comments:

  1. It is so great to have you with us this month Terhi! I LOVE what you've done with the kit. Thanks so much for the videos! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Terhi, both your layout and box are so very gorgeous. And, your videos were great - thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing layouts, love them both. But I am partial to pink and pink and gold are working on me lately.
    Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete