Google+

Monday, December 29, 2014

January Kit Mixed Media Video with Guest Designer Riikka Kovasin

Thank you for stopping by today! It's Riikka here with a guest project together with a video!

I really enjoyed the papers and colors in the January kit. I guess it's not a big secret that I like turquoise and blue, so the color palette was really spot on for me, but for this first project I decided to go on a softer scale and use those beautiful neutrals and pastels in the kit. For the soft feeling I chose a photo that means a lot to me - it's my mom and my first born.


I started the page by spreading some of the crackle paste to the background and then used the stencil with two different mediums to create a touch of pattern to the page. I also included some stamping in the mix and also used the ink pad as such to add another pattern to the background. You can see the whole process in the video I made.




Besides the kit I also used a pencil, some sticker alphas, black felt pen, a grey stamp ink and a dark brown mist.


 

Thank you for stopping by today! Wishing you an inspiring 2015!

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful layout, I love the photo and the soft colors. Love your video, I love see how you create!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous layout Riikka! Thanks for another awesome video! :)

    ReplyDelete