Google+

Friday, December 19, 2014

Dana's January Kit Projects

Hi C'est Magnifique fans! Dana here today sharing the projects that I created with the January Kits. I used the Main Kit, Flower Add-On, Embellishment Add-On and Magnifique Mixed Media Kit on each of the projects that I am sharing today.

(Personal Supplies: Doily, Twine)

I had a lot of fun creating this soft feminine page. My daughter's Easter dress from last Spring was the perfect shade of blue to pair with these gorgeous patterned papers. I carried the beautiful curves from the brocade background design through to the other layers of the page, adding circular die-cuts, trinkets, fussy cuts and wavy edged patterned papers. Orange is one of my favorite colors, so I added small orange roses and die-cuts for a fun, bright pop of color.


I painted the beautiful Blue Fern Studios Boston Lattice Chipboard (Embellishment Add-On) with C'est Magnifique Blue Bird Sparkle Chalkboard Paint from the Mixed Media Kit for a soft finish. I cut the chipboard into two pieces to use on either side of my photo. The lattice ribbon from the Mixed Media Kit was a perfect complement to the lattice design of the chipboard.

(Personal Supplies: Orange Mist, Light Molding Paste, Black Archival Ink, Clockwork Stencils)

I challenged myself to create a masculine layout with this kit. I played up the repetitive clock-themed die-cuts and charms with some large clockwork pieces that I cut from patterned paper and then distressed with the paints, ink, mist and stamps from the Mixed Media Kit.


Lastly, I created an altered frame.

(Personal Supplies: White Clothespin)

I used the paints, ink and mist from the Mixed Media Kit to alter a piece of chipboard, that I then attached the face of the pedestal frame. I dressed up the front of the frame with flowers, embellishments and ribbon.


This frame holds a 4x6 inch photo that is protected between two sheets of plastic. The photo slides into the frame from the top, which makes changing the photo quick and easy.

I'll be sharing more in-depth information and photos of each of these projects on my personal blog and I'd love to have you stop by for a visit!
I have really enjoyed playing with this kit. If you are interested in the January Kit or Add-Ons a limited amount of kits are available for purchase from the C'est Magnifique Store while supplies last!
Thanks for stopping by today!

1 comment:

  1. Love it!!! The first one is my favorite, I love the romantic feel of it!

    ReplyDelete