Google+

Tuesday, November 18, 2014

December Magnifique Mixed Media Kit with Riikka Kovasin

Hello there! It's Riikka guesting here again and today I'm sharing you some red creations using the December mixed media kit and the papers! Thank you for this possibility!

I tend not to scrapbook our Christmas as such and as all the photos of last Christmas are made into pages already, I decided to think about Christmas - what makes the season so special and what I love about this holiday and winter all together.


So my first page is about my love for winter. I remember being the odd kid at school declaring winter as her favorite season against multitude of those stating summer as the one. Don't get me wrong - I dislike sleet as any other but when the winter truly comes with snow and crispy temperatures below the zero I enjoy myself tremendously. Here in the north the snow also means light into the darkness. And not to mention all the things you can do when there's snow and ice on the ground!




Even though the subject itself is more of the colder side of the color wheel, I chose to go with the reds to emphasize my love. This photo of me as a kid suited the colors just fine so I used it on the page instead of a more recent one. I also used different red mediums to create the background and then added snowy touches with the chalk. Please watch the video underneath to see how the page came to life!


Besides using the materials form the kit and the papers, I also used some supplies from my stash like a doily, white pen and a background stamp and a doily die.


My other red page using the kit supplies is about the treats and foods of Christmas. The journaling reads something like "Christmas is the time of delicacies". There's cakes, cookies, chocolates but also more salty delicacies like rutabaga casserole and rosolli salad and also homemade cheeses.

I started this page by splashing all the different paints in the kit to the background. There's the red paints, the golden mist and also some flicks of white gesso. Next I added little drops of glue to the background and then poured the micro beads on top. I also used the same pearls to make a piece of paper really textured: I adhered double sided adhesive sheet on a piece of patterned paper from the kit, removed the protective coating and covered the piece with the micro beads. Underneath the photo it seems almost that there's nonpareils!





I also used the piece of felt from the kit in here to juxtapose the different textures and feels. I also used the same felt but the other side of it to make the little bow for decoration. Besides the materials from the kit I also used a bow die, white gesso and a white and black pen in this page.
Thank you for stopping by today! I also have another post coming up with green and white inspirations! I hope you liked what you saw today and are inspired by my projects! Wishing you a crafty day!

4 comments:

  1. Finally, someone who loves winter like I do! I know how you feel being the only one to say they love winter. lol Your layouts are beautiful, Riikka!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your monochromatic pages Riikka! Thanks for another fantastic video! :)

    ReplyDelete