Google+

Thursday, November 27, 2014

More Magnifique Mixed Media Kit Projects with Riikka Kovasin!

Hi again! It's Riikka here with a second post to get your ideas flying with the December mixed media kit! Last time I shared some red creations and promised to share green and white this time. So let's get started!


Here's my green page. Well, it supposed to be even more green, but when I saw that old paper print in one of the papers, I just had to use it as my background. But I brought the green in with papers and embellishments!




I started by adding some of that gold mist to the background and a wreath inspired composition using a circle cut from the green paper and some of that wire from the kit. To finish the page I created a snowy mixture of white gesso and the glitter found in the kit. If you want to see step by step how the page was created, please see the video! 


Besides the materials from the kit I included from my own stash a stencil, white gesso, a pencil and a black pen.








I'm a scrapbooker mostly, but these materials inspired me to do two cards as well. The other one is maybe a bit more traditional with the green-red-white coloring and the other one is more snowy with the white-cream palette. 


My kit happened to have the little wooden embellishments "24" and "25" in it. So I just had to use them for the cards. My first intention was to make one with the "24" and the other with the "25" but then the other card took a turn to more monochrome palette and the red embellishment didn't fit in anymore. So the robins now have the 24 to keep them company. And to tell you the truth, in Finland it seems the 24th of December is coming more and more important , maybe even more important than the 25th. I embellished the card using the note paper and added touches of Silks paint and the micro beads in there.

Both of the cards have a sturdy background - on top of the patterned paper layer that is the backing, there's a layer created with the alpha packaging from the kit! The burlap style print on it fitted the Christmas theme wonderfully! 



The white, snowy card has just a few patterned paper layers, a die cut doily shape and then the beautiful sparkling branch as the center of attention. The chipboard word also from the kit got a coat of white gesso on top and then the glitter on top of the wet paint. 

In these cards I used some extra supplies from my stash like a red mist, white gesso and a doily die.
Thank you again for stopping by! Wishing you peaceful holidays! 

2 comments:

  1. Both your layout and your card are just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have done an amazing job with the MM kit Riikka! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete