Google+

Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Dana's March Kit Projects

Hi! Dana here today sharing the projects that I created with the March Kits. I used the Main Kit, Flower Add-On, Embellishment Add-On and Magnifique Mixed Media Kit on each of the projects that I am sharing today.

Personal Supplies: Stencil

This first layout is of my sister on her wedding day. The elegant papers in the Kaisercraft Betsy's Couture collection were perfect for this photo of my sister in her beautiful gown.


I layered patterned papers, product packaging and acetate under the photo. The mini burlap bows, grommets and gem dots are such fun embellishments!


I used a stencil with the Antique Mocha paint included in the Mixed Media Kit to add a print to the background of my page. I added a pop of color with Lindy's Stamp Gang Maidenhair Fern Green Mist. I love the mix of flowers and leaves in the Flower Add-On. I used that here to make a small flower cluster.

Personal Supplies: Stencil

For my second layout I went in a masculine direction and used an old photograph of my Grandfather.


I used the Prima Turquoise Stone Chalk Edger from the February Kit with a stencil to add some color the the background of this page. I used a watermark ink re-inker with a paintbrush to add watermark ink over the roman numerals on the patterned paper and then heat embossed them with the Metallic Copper Embossing Powder from the Mixed Media Kit.

Personal Supplies: Stencil

I used a vacation photo from a trip to New Orleans for this layout. I think the old cemeteries there are so beautiful! I played up the sepia tones in the photo by pairing it with brown and cream patterned papers. The pale blue ribbons and die-cuts in the kit were the perfect way to add some subtle color to the page.


One of my favorite items in the kit is the piece of adhesive cork paper. I used a doily die to cut a decorative pattern from the cork sheet. The cork paper cuts extremely well and adds great texture to my page.


I topped the stained wood flower buttons from the Embellishment Add-On with gem dots for a touch of sparkle.

Personal Supplies: Stencil

I used another photo of my sister on her wedding day for this layout. Her shoes were so beautiful that they deserve to be remembered in a special way!


I used a stencil with the C'est Magnifique Tuscan Teal Paint from the Mixed Media Kit to add a bright blue floral pattern the my page. I used the Metallic Copper Embossing Powder from the Mixed Media Kit on the piece of Blue Fern chipboard from the Embellishment Add-On.


I fussy cut this vintage lady from a piece of Betsy's Couture patterned paper. I topped her hat with some feathers from the Mixed Media Kit.

Personal Supplies: Stencil

I had a blast creating this colorful cover for the mini album from the Mixed Media Kit. I spritzed the Newspaper Resist Canvas with Lindy's Stamp Gang Maidenhair Fern Green Mist. I added texture by mixing whipped spackle with C'est Magnifique Tuscan Teal Paint and spreading that over a stencil.


The small chipboard piece along the bottom edge of the album is from the Blue Fern Studios Ornate Shelf. I painted it with the Aztek Mocha paint and topped it with a gem dot.

I have really enjoyed playing with this kit! If you are interested in the March Kit or Add-Ons a limited amount of kits are available for purchase from the C'est Magnifique Store while supplies last! Make sure to stop by here on the 28th for the full March Kit reveal.

I have one more layout to share for the March Sketch Challenge reveal on March 1st.
Thanks for stopping by today!

No comments:

Post a Comment