Google+

Monday, October 15, 2018

Southern Ridge Trading Company DT post


Good afternoon to all with my first project for Southern Ridge Trading Company.  I hope you enjoy my first piece and maybe take away a little bit of crafty fun!
My first project was inspired by a quote that I try to live by daily.  It often seems like all the tasks we take on feels overwhelming.  This quote makes me step back from myself, take a deep breath and go on.
Courage does not always roar.  Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, I will try again tomorrow.  By Mary Radmacher
I decided the picture of a lioness depicts the quote best so I superimposed the quote onto the picture.  Them pulled from the yellow tones of the coat of the lioness and the regale quality of the silvers to pulled it all together.  I used several pieces of yellow with white, grey and silver. I like to mat my main page and picture.  I then inked all my edges with pewter ink.  I pulled several flowers, leaves and stems to make a cluster of flowers to bring the feminine edge to the page.  Arranged all thy papers to my liking. I then used the Southern Ridge Trading Company chipboard pieces “100%” and “Authentic” to bring home the words of the quote by first painting them silver then sprinkled with a small amount of silver glitter. I placed them in a prominent spot on the page to complete it.
Go take a look at their blog to find lots of inspiration for your next project!
https://southernchipboard.blogspot.com











No comments:

Post a Comment