Google+

Friday, May 10, 2013

Inspiration Today from Erin and Keren

Welcome to the weekend everyone and Happy Mother's Day to all the moms out there.  We would like to share a few projects by design team members, Erin and Keren, who both happen to be moms themselves.  Both have used our May Kit, Spring's Portrait, to create their layouts.  We currently have just 1 kit remaining in the store.

"My Rainbow to Keep" by Erin Blegen

It's amazing how long it takes sometimes to get a special photo scrapped. My sister took this picture of Aspen and myself on Aspen's 1st birthday and I've had it printed since that time (last September). This page just seemed to be "the one" to get it done :). I wanted to make it very feminine and simple and though the white space isn't my usual thing, it just felt right here.


Altered Box by Erin Blegen

 I am loving doing altered projects at this moment, and this box was such a fun treat to put together! I think that "busier" patterns work great on projects like these, so I took advantage of this gorgeous paper from Les Papiers de Pandore before tackling the cluster work up top. As we draw nearer to Mother's Day, I thought this would be a nice gift for my mom...or maybe even my mother-in-law (depending on my mood- ha!).



 Classy Chick by Keren Tamir 

These two little black patent shoes are my daughter's high heel shoes. She loves wearing them all the time even if its not for a party. I had to take a picture of them to remember her with these shoes at this age. She's only 6 years old but she loves dressing up as if she's much older.


 Inspirational Canvas by Keren Tamir

I made this 12x24 Canvas using the Webster pages papers from this kit and lots of mixed media techniques. I really love this quote by Helen Keller and I wanted to portray it in a canvas so I can hang it on my wall. I used lots of sprays and Acrylic paint to make branches, 
leaves and bird cages on the canvas. 


Have a great weekend everyone!  

3 comments: