Google+

Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Our May Sketch Challenge

Welcome to May!  We like to start each month with a new Sketch Challenge.  Our sketch designer, Michele Singh, has created another beautiful sketch for us to use, and I think you will really like this one.


We challenged our Design Team to create a layout using our May Kit and the sketch.  Our May Kit is sold out, but if you'd like to make sure you get one of our June Kits, head to our Join the Club page to get all the details.

"Treasured" by Keren Tamir

In this sketch layout, I rotated it to the side because I had imagined the layout designed this way. I really wanted to combine the turquoise tones in the kit with some brown, so I used a neutral background for the layout and some Prima packaging for accents. This picture of my son is a couple of years old but I love his smiley face here. I really like how the journaling looks on this page. Its an idea I may just have to achieve again in the future as I always run out of space for journaling once my page is finished.


"One" by Erin Blegen

We recently celebrated my niece Paisley's first birthday and let me tell you- this girl knows how to eat her cake! (If I could get away with it, this is how I would eat my sweets too!) ;)~ I'm in love with the pretty feminine pastel colors available in this kit- PERFECT for a little girl's first birthday layout.


"Cute Stuff" by Valerie Serfozo

This month's sketch was a challenge for me, but I loved working with it! This is a design that I would not have done on my own, but I like it. I sure hope you will give it a try!


"Believe" by Camilla Ekman

My most important task as a parent is to make sure my children gets self confidence and a believe that they are important. The layout is created for the May sketch.


"Smile" by Stacey Young


Now that our Design Team has given you some ideas, it's YOUR turn to create a layout using our sketch.  Our Sketch Challenge is open to everyone and you may use any supplies you have on hand.  You do not need to be a member of our kit club to participate.  Feel free to flip or rotate the sketch.

We will be offering two prizes, awarded randomly to participants in our Sketch Challenge.  The first prize is this beautiful assortment of paper, embellishments, and chipboard that Leslie has put together.  The winner of this prize package will also be able to shop in the C'est Magnifique Store, and have their purchases sent with the prize package, so that means you won't have to pay for shipping.



Our second prize, a $10 gift certificate to the C'est Magnifique Store,  will be awarded randomly to one of our participants who obviously uses one of our kits to create their Sketch Challenge layout. 
We will also chose 5 (or maybe more) layouts to feature on our blog!  
You have the entire month of May to submit your layout.

What do you have to do to enter our sketch challenge?

1.  You must be a follower of our blog.  It's easy to become follower -see the left sidebar.

2.  Create a layout using the sketch, and add it to our blog using the Inlinkz tool below.  Please link to the blog post where you have uploaded your layout  (not your general blog address). If you do not have a blog, you may link to an online gallery.

 Deadline for entering the sketch challenge is midnight, May 31, 2013 (US time).
We look forward to seeing your layouts!

11 comments:

  1. I loved the sketch, and the pages are really very inspiring.
    He gives us endless possibilities.
    Congratulations to DT.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sketch is wonderful! Can I make a layout without a photo?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, there are some really great sketch interpretations! Love to see what everyone comes up with!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The DTs layouts are beautiful! I love the kit and the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  5. just linked mine, created with some of the awesome materials I won on your blog hop... thanks again to you and Webster Pages!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great sketch, i have had fun with playing along!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for the beautiful sketch!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Loven this sketch, great inspiration from the Dt gals !!

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOved this sketch, just beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you for inspiration! So many beautiful creations, both form the DTs and all who have joined in!

    ReplyDelete