Google+

Thursday, September 29, 2011

Oct 2011 Guest Designers

I am so pleased to announce our October Guest Designers: JJ Sobey and Lisa Duke!! Lisa has a beautiful, soft, romantic style to her layouts while JJ has a more bold, colorful and fun style. I am so anxious to see what both of these women bring to our Oct kit - I am sure we will all be awed!

In the meantime though, here is a short bio of each of them:






JJ has been crafting in one form or another since she was big enough to hold a crayon. She resisted scrapbooking and papercrafting for many years because she knew just how addictive it would be – no surprise, now she’s hooked. Most of her work revolves around her two young kids, and she wouldn’t have it any other way. She is always pleasantly surprised to find out how her previous hobbies of sewing and costume-making really translate over to papercrafts. Her style is often described as eclectic, because she loves to try different things, frequently mixing shabby chic with grunge or freestyle. She has recently started dabbling in mixed media and art journaling.

Besides scrapping, she is also addicted to Starbucks, sushi, and loud rock music.








Hello!! My name is Lisa and I live in the Sierra Foothills with my husband and I'm very lucky to have my kids here also. I have a son and daughter and 2 beautiful grandchildren. I started scrapbooking in 2003 but then got into other things (daughter was very busy with different programs), but for the last 2 years I have been scrapping nearly everyday. I love all the different styles but have to say the Shabby Chic style is my fav. I try and scrap in this style most of the time but I also LOVE ink and may apply too much for the shabby look!!!

I am so honored to be a guest designer for C'est Magnifique. This is my first GDT spot so I am really excited.

2 comments:

  1. I'm so excited! JJ and Lisa are fabulous artists and I can't wait to see what they create with this beautiful kit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats ladies! Can't wait to see what your projects from the kit.

    ReplyDelete