Google+

Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Meet our April Guest Designer

We are pleased to welcome Zaneta Glowa (Zanka) to C'est Magnifique Kits as our April Guest Designer.  You will absolutely love her amazing style, and the magic she has performed with our April Kit, A Touch of Refinement.  I will let Zanka tell you a little more about herself and show you her layouts.

My name is Zaneta Glowa aka Zanka.  I have lived in Sweden since 2003, but I’m actually Polish.  I grew up in the south of Poland and I lived in Krakow for many years before moving over the Baltic Sea and settling here in Sweden for good. My adventure with scrapbooking started in 2010.  It didn't take long before it became my big passion and a main consumer of my spare time. I guess I'm a rather typical woman of 'our times', navigating through a combination of family life and a full-time job with a certain amount of commuting... so 'spare time' is something of a luxury product ;)  Therefore, I really appreciate these moments, only for myself and my passion  in the late evenings when the rest of my family is asleep or busy with something else.  You are warmly welcome to visit my blog at www.mysweedplace.blogspot.com.  Currently I'm a member of few fantastic Design Teams -Once Upon a Sketch OUAS, Scrap Friends, and Scrap Around the World.


With Love


For my first layout I wanted to play with a combo of purple, white wash and copper accents.  I layered paper pieces and tags, gently brushed them randomly with gesso.  I added a chipboard frame to bring forward our photo and I added an embellishment cluster to create a compositional triangle of flowers.  I used items from Main kit and MMM kit. From my stash: Sizzix oval frame die, gesso, copper paint and few brads.



Promenade


In the kit I found some perfect items for a pastel, summer page with a modern, mixed media look. 
I framed a photo of my daughter taken during our promenade by the ocean.

I loved the items in the MMM kit, especially the stencil, which I used here diagonally.
Moonshadow mist is perfect to add the dark stain circles and splashes.

I used items from Main kit, Embellishment Add on and MMM kit. 
From my  stash:gesso, Prima stamp, archival ink



 La vie


Back to the vintage style, a layout featuring myself.  I edited the photo in the photo editor 
to create this vintage sepia look.   My inspiration comes entirely from the paper pattern. 
I have added some stamping and flourish masking in the background. 
I filled up the flower cluster with some leaves and flourishes, 
cut out with various dies and the papers from the main kit.

I used items from Main kit, Embellishment Add on and MMM kit. 
From my  stash: gesso, flourish stencil, stamp, paper doily.



With You


I kept this layout simple, playing with the straight lines, layers and a mix of geometric shapes.
The tags are cut out from one of the Riddersholm papers and make a nice variation in the layering.

I used items from Main kit, Embellishment Add on and MMM kit. 
From my  stash: circle stencil and modelling paste



You Make Me Happy


I picked a photo of me and my daughter which was taken in an old castle 
 and I tried to keep the whole page in a truly elegant, feminine style. 
As one of the layers, I used the packaging from MME stickers which were in the 
embellishment add on.   The papers in the main kit have so many variations 
and nuances of patters and colours, which is perfect to make tags
 and arrange them in the layers.I used items from Main kit, Embellishment Add 
on and MMM kit. From my stash: dies, old lace.

Zanka, we loved having you join our design team this month and creating such amazing projects with our April kit.   Thanks for spending time with us!

1 comment:

  1. Awesome April kit and wonderful presentation by Zanka, the sketch this month looks fun too, hope I can find time to play along! : )

    ReplyDelete