Google+

Wednesday, March 16, 2016

Erin Reed's March Kit Inspiration Projects

The March kit is amazing.  It is just jam packed to the gills with so many lovely embellishments!!  I can't decided what is my favorite!!  I made a little unboxing video of all the amazing goodies in this kit.  Enjoy!!


My first project is a couple of cards.  They are simple and easy, super quick to make for those days you need a card quick!  I just layered some of the PL card on top of layers of cream cardstock and patterned paper, misted it a bit with the mist in the kit, added in a misted and inked chipboard title, and a few little pearls.  That is it!!




The picture is of my husband and I at the funeral home the day before the funeral.  We chose to have her body embalmed, but just for us to view.  We felt it would be odd for our friends and family to see a dead baby, and I still feel a bit weird letting people see the pictures of here like this, I would rather everyone see her alive and happy.  When we went to view her that day a friend came with the program Now I Lay Me Down To Sleep to take pictures of our last moments with our daughter.  I have not looked at these pictures since the day of the funeral when she gave them to me.  They went on a shelf and I really just have not had the strength to see them again and bring up all the memories of that painful day.  Time has gone by, and my son who is now 10 (he was 3 when she passed) is still asking tons of questions about what happened to her and asked to see the pictures.  There was a lot of crying on both of our parts while viewing the pictures, and I decided it was time to do something with them.


My emotions are fully obvious in the picture and tried to convey that feeling of pain, anguish, love, frustration, hurt, numbness, and just anger into my layout.  I used a ton of paper tearing, layers of gesso, other mediums, stencils, splatters, misting, and really just getting mad at my layout beating it all to hell as a poured my heart into the piece.




The next project is a little mixed media bookmark I made.




Here is a complete video tutorial on how to make this super cool bookmark!!


Thanks for stopped by!!

http://scraps-of-reflections.blogspot.com/


6 comments: