Google+

Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Another Look at our May Kit

Today we'd like to share with you a few more layouts from our design team using the May kit, which features paper from 7 Dots.  You will also see items from the May add-ons (7 Dots add-on, flower add-on,  and embellishment add-on),  We still have a few kits and some add-ons available in the STORE

"Father and Son" by Leslie Kammerdiener

So this is Johnnie, my son's home health aide, and his little boy at the rodeo here in San Antonio. Johnnie is getting a new apartment and wanted something to hang on the wall and he asked me to create a layout. He didn't want anything girlie on it (flowers, etc) which made it really hard on me. I just can't do a layout without flowers, lol. (and wait til he sees that appliqué, hehe).


******************************

"Memories" by Camilla Ekman

  like to layer stuff. The journaling pieces from Prima are perfect for this. I have used two different ones underneath the photo. I have scrapped a photo of my niece on her second birthday and softened the colours of the photo to fit the papers.


******************************

"Wonderful to be Sisters" by Valerie Serfozo

 I received this photo from niece and the color was so bad, but I loved the photo - these 2 little sweeties laying together on the floor. So I applied a vintage action to it and I really like how it turned out. No fancy techniques on this one. I just let the beautiful background of this paper from 7 Dots do all the work. You will love this kit! I mixed some of the Blueberry Cobbler Shimmerz (love that name!) with some gesso to color the Dusty Attic piece. 


******************************

"Evidence" by Fi Kenward

This is one of my favourite pictures my sister in law sent me of my brother and my baby niece. I just love the expression on their faces, priceless.

I used one of the pieces from the Quadrille paper to mat this photo and used my Grand Nestabilities Circle for the ring was cut also from the papers. I have used a few of the stickers here as well including the border strip just underneath the photo. I used gesso on the metal corner and then painted with the shimmerz before sanding it back of slightly. The journaling has been written on the Evidence tag poking out behind the photo, I adhered this to some paper as well. Rolled flowers were made from paper scraps using my sizzix rolled rose die cut and I have cut some of the pieces from the white appliques and placed them in the flower clusters and to finish it off I decided to add the bow down the bottom to finish it all off.


Thanks for looking!  We just love the many ways you can use this kit.

2 comments:

  1. WOW beautiful LO's I love that photo of father and son. That's a lovely gift to put on his wall!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. All of very nice intimate layouts.

    ReplyDelete