Google+

Monday, May 28, 2012

Sneak Peek #5

Happy Memorial Day everyone.  In the forum we've had some tough discussions about what this day means to all of us (in addition to grilling and eating watermelon).   I hope you will have some time today to remember those who have given their lives for our safety and freedom.

Here's another look at how one of our design team members used the June kit (which we will reveal in just a couple more days).

"Ick" by Erin Blegen

I have a favorite place right by my house where I like to take the kids on the 4-wheeler.  It's a pond way back in the woods and on a recent beautiful spring day we ventured back there and the boys enjoyed throwing rocks in the water.  My little Aspen, however, didn't quite know what to think about her first real outing.  Since finally learning to sit, I can actually place her on the ground and she can explore her surroundings.  I took several pictures, and they all look pretty similar- my dainty sweetheart with a look of disgust on her face.  I've always been quite the tomboy, so seeing my daughter already acting like a "girly girl"...well, it was a bit disheartening! But they all find their own way in this world, don't they? 

I kept to the natural elements in this kit- the burlap buttons, grassy chipboard, brown and beige tones- with just a splash of color. 


5 comments:

  1. OMgosh Erin, this is fantastic! I so adore the white background that sets off all the pretty colors, textures and details. You're layering work add so much interest. A fav of yours for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful work, Erin! Lovin' the paint splatters!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had a wee giggle to myself ... don't be disheartened ... it's just like little feet touching wet grass for the first time ... they will always screw their wee faces up ... absolutely stunning layout ...

    ReplyDelete
  4. stunning layout Erin, wonderful details... :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Too cute Erin! That expression is just classic!!

    ReplyDelete