Google+

Saturday, January 12, 2013

Beginnings and Ends

Today we share layouts created by one of our new design team members, and say good-bye to one who has been with us since the C'est Magnifique began.  Brit, one of our new members, will amaze you with her style.

You will also be inspired by the beauty of Beverly's layouts.  We are sad to say that this is the last month Beverly will be designing for C'est Magnifique Kits.  Like all things in life, sometimes we find that we need to move on.  Beverly explains it best by saying, "I first got into scrapbooking seriously a little over a year ago and I've had the best time with it since, but now I feel like I've had my run with it and that it's time for me to take my creative curiosity in other directions.  So, I don't feel like I'm leaving entirely, just taking a different path."  We will miss Beverly's amazing talent, her creativity, and her ability to make us all laugh.  Beverly, we wish you happiness, and want you to know that we all call you our friend.

"Brad and Sarah" by Beverly Sams

One of my cousins went on a cross-country road trip with his girlfriend this past summer, and came back with her as his fiancee. They look very happy in this photo and had a wonderful time. I brushed some cream colored paint onto the raised areas of this embossed Ruby Rock-it paper from their “Mother Nature” collection and highlighted some of the flowers with the same paint.


"A Forever Kind of Love" by Beverly Sams

My oldest brother and his wife in one of my favorites photos of them~ I used the Prima Chalk Edger in the kit to color the main part of the Leaky Shed chipboard clock and then embossed the trim and hands of the clock with silver embossing powder to bring out the detail. I liked the contrast of the matte gray against the shiny silver. on the Kaisercraft wooden flourish bird bath, I first painted it white, then used a stamp with the ink from the kit to embellish and shade parts of it to make it look a bit more dimensional.



 "solstrålen vår" by Brit Sviggum

I took this picture of my daughter last summer. She was then 2 1/2 years old. We were out for a walk in the woods, and she suddenly said; "Mom, I think I'm doing very well here in the wilderness" :) So I knew I had to use this photo for an outdoor scene.  


"So Many Questions" by Brit Sviggum

This picture of my daughter was taken when we were visitning our family in Turkey. She found out that there were many things that weren`t the same in Turkey as in Norway. So she had so many questions.


Thanks for reading today.  We'll be back tomorrow to announce the winner of our Bit & Pieces Giveaway!

3 comments:

  1. Fire forskellige LOer, men flotte hver for sig, jeg kan godt lide de ikke er overpyntet, for det kan somme tider tage fokus fra det foto det hele drejer sig om. knus morkaren.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So gorgeous! Love the paint & mist backgrounds & the use of the fabric/ribbon!

    ReplyDelete