Google+

Thursday, March 8, 2012

Two Fabulous New Design Team Members

I am so excited to announce two fabulous new members to our DT.  It is with great pride that I announce both Fi Kenward and Erin Blegen!  Read on for a bit more on both ladies!

Fi Kenward

 
I started scrapping in 2002, way back when trying to find scrapbooking products were like panning for gold.  The dollar was way to high to even think about buying from another country and internet access was dial up.  OMG I making myself sound like a dinosaur....lol  Thankfully I was able to find one that was about a 45 minute drive.  Far enough so that I wasn’t shopping every day but close enough to do some damage.  From there I started sending some  pages into one of the magazines and I was even published not sure why I didn’t keep sending in other than how long your page was gone for and I was worried about them losing it. 
 
I live in Brisbane Australia and have a group of friends that have been meeting once a week since 2004.  In late 2010 I went searching online as we were getting a little bored and I thought maybe I could find something online to help inspire some of us again.  I had spent plenty of time online looking for  products, what was new and yet never thought about challenges let alone blogging.  After a bit of research I narrowed a couple of sites down that I thought would be fun and introduced these into our group.  Which has been great, instead of barley getting one page a week done we are sometimes getting 2 to 3. 
 
I mainly scrap about my family, which includes a husband of nearly 20 years, my Daughter Tayla who in a few months will be turning 18 and my son Dean who is 17 this year.  They are at the perfect age that trying to get photos is like pulling teeth, but I do my best.  I start scrapping a page by usually picking a piece of paper that I loved and work from there.  I don’t usually get a photo until I have started putting my supplies together, rarely do I pick a photo first.  I like to start cutting and see where it takes me and then pick a photo to go with what I have done.  I love layering and fussy cutting, using mediums,distressing and I always try and journal on my pages either on the page or hidden some where.  I am so excited that Leslie has asked me to join her Team of wonderful designers and I look forward to creating some beautiful pages in hope of inspiring others to use their kits.
 
 
Erin Blegen


My name is Erin Blegen and I live in Northeastern Minnesota with my husband Josh and three children: Wyatt, Gunner, & Aspen. We make our home in a cabin in the woods and we love the outdoors! We have many hobbies and interests including hunting, fishing, 4-wheeling, swimming, gardening, and I am especially fond of taking care of my chickens :). But if I'm indoors, you'll most likely find me scrapbooking! I've been a steady scrapper since July 2010 when my second son was born. I create or work on something almost daily- I'm passionate about preserving my family's photos and memories, while developing myself artistically at the same time. I currently design for Scrappin' Patch (a New Zealand-based and online scrapbooking store), ScrapFIT, and Creative Scrappers, and am so excited to now be joining the incredible designers at C'est Magnifique!! Please feel free to visit my personal blog, which I share with my sister and best friend Kelly! http://scrappin-sisters.blogspot.com

6 comments:

  1. Great news! A big congratulations to both of you. I can't wait to see the wonderful creations that I know you will produce!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woot woot! Congratulations to both my friends!! I know for a fact that you will both produce wonderful works of art with the most gorgeous of all stash here!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. congrats ladies!! what a nice site and amazing kits :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats!!! Love seeing my big sister's name up there :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks ladies for your lovely comments and Kelly such a sweet comment for Erin.

    ReplyDelete