Google+

Sunday, August 25, 2013

A Look at September w/Erin

Hi everyone! Erin Blegen here with you today to share with you my projects using the September kit. You've had so many great samples provided by the team and I'm excited to share with you my take on this kit.

Let's get started!

"08-13"
Seeing my sweet baby girl in her girly skirt and rubber boots reminds me SO much of myself when I was young. I was definitely the dirty-faced little tomboy in a dress and bare feet, running through puddles, catching frogs, swimming wherever there was water. It warms my heart to see my own daughter so much like myself :).
I definitely went GIRLY with this one- as much pink as possible! I love using the Kaisercraft die cuts- it allows me to add lots of layers while going more minimal with my flowers. And the background of the Scrap Berry's papers are already so interesting that I didn't really need to add much to it- just a hint of masking and that's it :).



"4 You"
 You know me- I've gotta go masculine with every kit from C'est Magnifique, and as you can see here- it's pretty easy to do! Definitely focused on the neutrals here, with just a touch of blue for my little guy Gunner. I love me some raw chipboard too, and these Blue Fern Studios pieces- though feminine at first glance- really add to the masculine touch when left raw. 

"Swim"
I loved mixing and matching the Scrap Berrys and Kaisercraft papers on this one. And then I had to add in a bit of junk mail and packaging to compliment the black accents on Aspen's swimsuit. Pretty simple with some layers just seemed the way to go here!


Thanks for coming by the C'est Magnifique blog today! Camilla will be with you in just a couple of days before the full kit reveal- so be on the lookout for some amazing projects from her!

Take care :)

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful work as always-love your little girl in the puddles!

    ReplyDelete
  2. All so gorgeous but I am loving the masculine layout! The neutrals in this kit are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! These are all just gorgeous! The layers, design, and mix is stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  4. this simply gorgeous, Erin! the first LO just melts my heart! ♥

    ReplyDelete