I hope you all have a Merry Christmas and a wonderful 2016. Remember this thing we call scrapbooking may not mean much to most but we are the historians of our past for our future!
Family faces are magic mirrors. Looking at people who belong to us,
we see the past, present and future. Gail Lumet Buckley
This first card I used the resist canvas and fussy cut the pattern I liked, frayed the canvas at the top. Love the color of the C'est Magnifique red mist and was able to use it on the canvas. The Petaloo poinsettias were the perfect size with the card and the red bling matched the sparkle of the flowers.
This card was made by fussy cutting an image from one of the Christmas papers and inking the edges of all the pieces. I then used the micro bead medium and placed on the wings, ruffled crepe paper and the title. Attaching all to the card base in the card kit.
On this card I had a paint splatter piece I had made a while ago and it just screamed Christmas colors. I trimmed it down and matted with the green patterned December C'est Magnifique paper. Attaching the green ribbon with the red bling under the mats and the attaching to the card base. The chipboard title was painted with the texture paint, a little of the micro bead medium and then glitter from the kit.
On this first layout I choose to use 2 papers and attach in the middle.
I covered the seam by using a running stitch to ruffle the crepe paper. Once the ruffle was the length I needed it to be I attached to the seam and covered the stitch with the gold bling.
I wanted more definition between the 2 pieces of crepe paper so once all was attached I pulled the two layers apart with the tip of my paint brush and just pulled them apart in some areas.
This picture lets you see the dimension of the flowers and that I tucked the gold tinsel under all the flowers. It just gives a hint of sparkle to the page. I cut out my title on the circuit and then painted with black paint. When dry I coated it with a light layer if the micro bead medium and also touched the flowers with hints of the micro bead medium.
Once I had my flowers arranged I just added adhesive to the gold bling and swirled it around the flowers in an appealing shape.
On this LO I used several techniques. I water worked several of the papers along with a metallic mulberry paper I had in my stash. I fussy cut 2 items from the papers and inked the edges, cut the dollies and applied some ink. I tucked some of the tinsel in a few area's. This tinsel sure goes along way! I added a cream mat and tucked some of the gold bling around the bottom to slide a picture under it. Made a "fork" bow with the cream ribbon.
On this LO I used the wax resist technique with the black paint.
I used the micro bead medium with a stencil to get the circle effect and used the clear icicles in some area's on the paper and also in the flowers with the micro bead medium to give a little sparkle.
I sprayed all the flowers and leaves with the blue fern mist to make the color tone more cohesive. I then scrunched the flowers and leaves and attached to my LO.
My last project is from the mixed media kit. I just loved these old albums I found. It took me a while to get all I needed for the kit but I think it was worth it. I used up everything I had left from all the kits to finish this album. I will use it for the Christmas pictures this year.
Glitter in the little glass vial
flowers are made with the crepe paper
this uses the packaging from the kit
the back cover