Google+

Tuesday, November 10, 2015

Guest Designer Nicole Doiron

Hello everyone! This is Nicole Doiron and I'm your Guest Designer today!


Let me tell you a little about myself before we get to the creative stuff!

As already said, I'm Nicole and I'm from Canada's beautiful East coast. I share my life and home with my boyfriend of 9 years, Yves, and our furbaby, Sugar the cat. I often sing in the shower and I have a quirky sense of humor. I have always had an artistic side...drawing, writing poetry and trying different crafts. I work at a regular office job and can't wait to get home every day to my studio! I started scrapbooking in 2004 and have been hooked since. I create mostly layouts, both single and double-page, as well as cards and canvases. I am loving mixed media more and more. My overall style is shabby chic with lots of flowers! I also love to get my hands dirty with different mediums 
like gesso, molding paste, mists and paints. Visit me at my blog, Scrap-Utopia, to see my creations. You can also follow me on Facebook, Pinterest & Instagram!

I am thrilled to have been asked to guest design at C'est Magnifique and to share with you my creations using the November Main Kit, as well as the Paper and Flower Add-Ons!

First, let's take a look at my single-page layouts, 3 of them:


This page features my parents some years back. My father has since passed away and it felt good to be able to scrap this picture and think back on some lovely memories.


You can see that my papers and embellishments are covered with a coat of white that has become my signature style, so to speak. I love the whitewash and frosted look and to create that effect, I simply dab some white acrylic paint all over my project, flowers and all!


Next is this layout of me and my honey using mostly Bo Bunny 'Juliet' papers, die-cut shapes and stickers!


I love how all those die-cut shapes allowed me to add  layers upon layers of different designs and colors on my page.


Some fussy cutting and some more of the white paint dabs to finish!


My third single page layout created with the Main Kit is more focused on the Blue Fern Studios 'Paisley & Vine' collection's fun and bright patterns. The cute little girl in the pictures is my niece Ella!


I added a polka-dot design on the background using a stencil and molding paste, colored the white cardstock titles with a red markerand glued on some buttons to bring in the colors of the papers.


I absolutely adore this combination of fun patterns and bright palette! And look at the tiny Petaloo flowers from the Flower  Add-On! A favorite of mine for sure!


Whenever I work with a kit, I always love to go back to my roots and create at least onr double-page layout.


For this layout, I opted for lots of flowers over this lovely bracket shape patterned paper from Kaisercraft that I cut in half diagonally to board each side of my double-page. 


This is me, feeling very serene lounging on a rock at the Falls.


The Main Kit offers so much material that even after creating 5 pages, I wasn't finished!  Using some of my leftovers, I created these 2 cards that I call my 'Juliet' cards.

The first dressed in yellow and pink:



and the other in yellow and blue:



And now, last but not least, I used up most of the papers, flowers and buttons left over from the kits to create this mixed media canvas.


After priming my canvas with white gesso, I stenciled in some molding paste and added layers upon layers of inks, mists and paints to reach the desired shades of purple and brown.


After my base was completely dry, I started gluing down my paper pieces as well as flowers and buttons which I dabbed with different shimmery paints, then topped with my signature white!


 WOW!  This sure was a looong post so THANK YOU for those of you who have read all the way to the end. Hopefully that means that you have enjoyed my creations and  that you will want to come see me at Scrap-Utopia where you'll see more!

Thank you again to C'est Magnifique for having me!

7 comments:

  1. Love all your projects! I like the details on your layouts and the overall romantic feel of them. Your cards and canvas are gorgeous to! So inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  2. All your creations with the kit are just Gorgeous!! Love your work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Nicole, I am totally blown away with your designs. Each and everyone is an inspiration to me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, Nicole - your pages are so very gorgeous - I love them all - and the double layout is amazing. I have yet to do one - but I may now just give it a try! I love the touches of white wash you use - it's lovely. Your cards were so pretty and your layers and designs wonderful. And, wow, that canvas is totally beautiful and awesome! I will be subscribing to your blog and social media - just so I can follow your most amazing art.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nicole, I´m absolutely in love with your creations! Most I like your cards, so pretty!

    ReplyDelete