Google+

Thursday, November 29, 2012

Meet our December Guest Designer

We are so very pleased to have Romy Veul join us in December as our guest designer.  She has created some amazing layouts and tags with the December Kit, "Silent Night".   I'll let Romy tell you a little about herself, then show you a couple of her layouts.



My name is Romy Veul and I'm a 19-year-old scrapaholic from the Netherlands. I study Dutch language & linguistics in Amsterdam and when I'am not studying, I love to be creative in some way. Since primary school I have always had a creative hobby (making jewelry, 3D cards, flower arranging etc.), but after a while I always started looking for something new. That was until I was put in touch with scrapbooking. What a wonderful way to combine my love for creativity and my passion for photos. I am still hooked to creating both layouts and cards and photography has grown into a hobby too! I love to try different styles: from shabby chic & vintage to bold & colourful, though I tend to love the shabby chic/vintage style most lately. No matter what style I try, I almost always incorporate lots of layers and details in my work. I think they are my signature. I am currently designing for Bo Bunny, Once Upon a Sketch and Zeus&Zoe.  
You can find more of my work on my blog: www.scrapstuffandmore.blogspot.com
 
***************************
 
 I dedicated this lay-out to my dad and titled it 'Rock'. My dad has a very strong personality: just like a rock, he will even stand steady during the heaviest storm.
The cream flower that I used on this lay-out was made from the beautiful Maya Road pleated ribbon, which is included in the main kit. I simply rolled up the ribbon and stitched through it to create the flower. 
 
 
I titled this lay-out 'Peace' as a note to self. I often tend to bite off more than I can chew and made this lay-out as a reminder to take some moment of rest, peace & quiet every once in a while.
 
 
Leave us a comment and welcome Romy to the C'est Magnifique family in December! 

11 comments:

  1. Romy, these are simply stunning creations! I love the soft and feminine feel that is always a presence in your work!! CBig congratulations on being Guest Designer!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for having me as a guest designer! I absolutely loved guest designing with this stunning kit :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Romy's work is always beautiful! I love what she has created with the kit.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Romy's work (& Romy too) and I really enjoyed the bio introduction posted here.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your layouts are beautiful Romy. I love your vintage style and your details!! Loved seeing your work!!! Congrats on the guest design spot!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your work Romy!!! Lovely LOs. Love your style!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely gorgeous LOs Romy , and big congrats :) !!
    Angelica åström

    ReplyDelete