Google+

Sunday, December 30, 2012

Meet Our January Guest Designer

We are so pleased to have Gerry Van Gent join us as our guest designer using the January Kit, "Flights of Fancy".  We'd like for you to get to know Gerry and take a look at a couple of amazing layouts she created!   We all love her style, and I'm sure you will, too.


 My name is Gerry van Gent and I`m a 39 Bulgarian woman living in The Netherlands. I`m a mom of two kids and a wife of a very supportive hubby. I`m lucky to be able to stay at home and have plenty of time to spend with my kids and of course I have plenty of time for my hobbies - scrapbooking and photography.

I got involved into paper crafting when my first child was born and I`m completely hooked. Love creating my own backgrounds, stamping, playing with paint, fussy cutting and hand-stitching on my work.

I currently design for Webster`s Pages, Prima Marketing, Glitz Design and Imaginarium Designs. I`m also contributor for Sizzix Europe.

Thank you so much for the opportunity to work with your kits and for having me as a guest-designer this month!

My blog: http://gerryscrafts.blogspot.com


"Dream" by Gerry Van Gent

 A photo of my son having a rest ;-) on a bench in Walt Disney, Paris.
I created here my own frame for the photo. I fussy cut parts of the pattern paper and surrounded the photo.  The chipboard clock was cut into two parts.


"School Photo" by Gerry Van Gent

 A Layout created with the gorgeous January 2013 Kit.
I created the texture on the layout by using the Distress Tool from Ingvild Bolme. The title letters were painted with gesso, acrylic paint and Glimmer glam. On this layout I used only half of the Scrap FX chipboard.



Thanks for sharing your lovely style with us Gerry!  We will be posting more layouts from Gerry and the rest of our awesome design team over the next couple of weeks.

 

7 comments:

  1. Gerry's work is stunning, I have followed her blog through 2012....here's to 2013.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely wonderful pages Gerry , I admire your style so much :) !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gerry these are gorgeous and I really love the soft feel of both of them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad to have you with us Gerry!! I love everything you create!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank-you Gerry for being our guest designer this month~! You've done an incredible job with this kit :D~!

    xErin

    ReplyDelete
  6. cest magnifique, are you lucky to have gerry as a guest designer, she really showcased quality product well.
    ava g

    ReplyDelete