Google+

Friday, December 27, 2013

January Magnifique Mixed Media Kit w/Erin Blegen

Good morning! We're getting close to the full reveal of this month's kit, and I have for you today a project that I created using the January Magnifique Mixed Media Kit. I decided to use the 5"x7" canvas that comes with this kit and create a simple, pretty piece for my wall. I hope you like it :)

"Winter's Thaw"
I was inspired by the cool, wintery blues in this kit and feel that the pretty pinks are the perfect offset to them. It made me think of winter turning into spring, which is what I was going for here in this canvas. 

The Primary Elements are very easy to control. You start by putting some of the Acrylic Glaze into a dish and add a very small amount of the Primary Elements powder. Continue adding until the desired depth of color is reached. I simply used my finger to apply, blending into the canvas along the edges and over the subtly masked area. Get creative and experiment! What's great about canvas is if you make a mistake, simply throw some gesso over it and start over! ;)

I loved using the "African Jade" Silks for a brighter splash of color. I prefer to use more saturated colors sparingly, to draw the eye but not take over. Apply them beneath clusters and other elements on your project.

A reminder of our SOLD OUT January Magnifique Mixed Media Kit:


Mixed Media Kit Contents
Luminarte Primary Elements – Bolivian Blue
Luminarte Primary Elements – Chiffon Pink
Luminarte Primary Elements – Tahitian Blue
Silks – African Jade 
Silks - Raspberry Wine 
Silks Clear Acrylic Glazing Medium
Canvas Corp Stretched Canvas 5x7
Prima: Vintage Mechanicals: Flowers Medium
Prima: Mechanicals: Pendant 
Prima: Sunrise Sunset: Mini Roses: Silver 
Prima: Le Mia: Cotton Candy 
Prima: Delight Collection: Tags & Tickets
Blue Fern Doily
*Some embellishments are partial packages*
Thank-you for coming by today! Stay tuned for the full kit reveal coming up next Monday! 

4 comments:

  1. Un mixed média vraiment réussi. Bravo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great work with the Mixed Media kit! I love that canvas!
    Thanks for the inspiration :)

    Hugs, Karita

    ReplyDelete