Google+

Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Meet our New Designers

At C'est Magnifique Kits, our design team is like family.  We all grow very close as we create together each month.  It is never easy when members rotate off the design team.  The terms have ended for two of our designers, Maja Stokk and Svetlana Austin.  Both Maja and Svetlana are extremely talented designers and we are sure we will continue to see them in the scrapbook world.  It has truly been a joy to get to know each of you better.  Before they leave, I would like to share with you one of my favorite layouts from each of these awesome designers:

"You Mean the World to Me" by Maja Stokk


"Love Dream Imagine" by Svetlana Austin


I'm sure you can see why we will miss them! As we say "see you later" (never goodbye) to Maja and Svetlana, we welcome two new designers to the C'est Magnifique Kits team.  We are pleased to add Bonnie Friesen and Karita Vainio to our family!  They have both been working behind the scenes with our upcoming January kit, and you will have a chance to see some of their layouts very soon.  We hope you will welcome them, as well.  Now we'll let you get to know them a little better.

Bonnie Friesen


Hi! My name is Bonnie Friesen, aka Cinnabon, and I am from Manitoba Canada. I am thrilled to be part of the C'est Magnifique kits design team! This has always been a dream of mine since I started scrapbooking in 2008!

I am married to my husband for going on 28 years, and we have 2 wonderful adult children. Our oldest is a girl who has been married for 2 yrs, and our youngest, a boy, is going on 22 and going to school for Computer Networking. So we are "empty nesters"! I was a hairstylist for 25 yrs and retired a couple of years ago. I am currently a stay at home wife, which suits me just fine for now.

I discovered scrapbooking in the fall of 2008 and have not looked back since! I'm a total gadget junkie and "need" to try almost anything scrappy related! I love being educated in new things and love trying new techniques, new products, and occasionally making my own flowers. Pink is my "go to" color of choice and feminine and shabby layouts are as natural to me as breathing.  I LOVE adding mixed media components to my layouts and love getting my hands all messy. I tend to use a lot of chipboard and flowers for embellishments. I am trying to get out of my comfort zone more often by doing more masculine layouts. Most of my subjects are great nieces and nephews with a bit of my own kids and other family. Scrapbooking for me, is more of an expression of art than preserving memories....which could totally change once I have my own grand children!

It is my desire that you will find inspiration of some kind from my work and that you will enjoy this craft as much as I do! I recently was on 2 sketch blog design teams, and I am looking forward to working with the gorgeous kits from C'est Magnifique!

 Karita Vainio


Hi, my name is Karita Vainio and I´m from Finland. I´ve been with my wonderful and supportive man for 24 years and we´ve been blessed with three beautiful children: two grown boys and one teenage girl. I work as a nanny in a kindergarten.

 I´ve been crafting since I was a little girl and came totally addicted  after I started my own blog in 2008. My blog address is  http://www.karitavainio.com and it´s my happy place where I can share my love for paper crafting  I love scrapbooking and making cards. Also I like to create mixed media canvases and art journal pages time to time.

I think my style is kind of shabby and romantic.  In my creations, I love to create different kind of layers and details using gesso, mists and textures and lots of flowers and embellishments. My motto is more is better.

I´ve admired C`est Magnifique for a while now and I´m very honoured and excited to be a part of this amazing team.

************************************************************************

Be sure to stop back tomorrow when we will announce the winner of our Bits & Pieces Giveaway.  See you then!


7 comments:

  1. it was a great honor, pleasure and fun to create with and for C'est Magnifique! wonderful kits, amazingly talented team!
    thank you so much!
    and a huge congrats to Bonnie and Karita! enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing project ladies, you will be dearly missed. Congrats to the new DT members, can't wait to work with you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It has been so much fun to be a part of this amazing team. Thanks to all of you <3. But I will be haning around in the forum and here ;)
    And a big congrats to Bonnie and Karita. Looking forward to see what you create. hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We are going to miss you, Svetlana and Maja! But congrats to Bonnie and Karita! Look forward to having you on the team!

    ReplyDelete
  5. c'est magnifique!! amazing layouts!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you all for your warm welcoming wishes!
    It feels so good to be here :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Svetlana and Maja,you will be missed! So happy to see Bonnie and Karita come on board!Congrats!

    ReplyDelete